A man accused of stabbing and killing another man in Canberra's north earlier this year will fight a murder charge in court.
Jayscen Anthony Newby, 26, was charged after the death of 27-year-old Frankie Victor Prineas on January 11.
Mr Newby's lawyer, Tim Sharman, told the ACT Magistrates Court on Tuesday morning that he had been instructed to enter a plea of not guilty to the charge.
Police have previously said they responded to reports of a disturbance at the Silver Gums townhouse complex in Charnwood about 1.30am on January 11.
Emergency services found Mr Prineas with "significant" stab wounds, and he died a short time later.
The death prompted an "extensive search" by police, ending when Mr Newby handed himself in at the City Police Station that afternoon.
Mr Newby, who has not applied for bail since being charged with Mr Prineas' murder, is due to return to court on May 19.