When someone who was in the World Trade Centre on that fateful September 11 says he's scared, it stops you. So when Steve Evans says he's scared, he means really scared.
Given the nation's afternoon COVID update from authorities it's reasonable to say Steve Evans, a journalist at The Canberra Times, is indeed Everyman. Except he's in hardcore self-isolation having returned from overseas not too long ago.
The nation's eighth fatality, a woman in her 70s, was a passenger on the Ruby Princess cruise ship. It's important to remember however, not everyone who has travelled overseas recently has COVID-19.
More positive tests were returned by travellers in Canberra and on the NSW Mid-North Coast today, while in the NSW Central West notification of someone who has tested positive flying domestically was revealed.
All this is reason enough Tasmanian doctors reckon for enforced hotel quarantine for all interstate travellers to the southern isle. It was one of three measures they shared in an open letter to Tasmanian Premier Peter Gutwein.
More than half of coronavirus cases in Australia are among people aged 25 to 54, data shows.
Men outnumber women among those infected, but not to the extent that has shown up in countries like China, where smoking rates among men have been posited as one reason for their higher rates of disease.
The immune-suppressed have long been identified as a group under significant stress during this pandemic. We started with one of our own, so that's where we'll end.
Experienced ACM journalist Louise Nichols wrote: "I can joke that 'hey, nothing like giving someone a challenge, first cancer then a pandemic' but like everyone I am hoping to survive and grow older with my family.
"To all those people who have been laid off, closed their businesses or are simply in limbo about their future we know that it is a very difficult time for you. I don't know many local families who have not been affected in someway. Take care everyone, and please, stay home and wash your hands."
More coronavirus stories you need to read
- Australia working on a coronavirus preventive
- Emergency services and healthcare workers hour to start at Coles
- Can I have sex while self-isolating from coronavirus?
- Working from home is hard if it's burned down
- The exercise class parents all over the world are using to survive isolation
- Get serious, says an Aussie in China
- 62 things for children to do at home when school closes
- Jacinda Arden shows the world how to communicate
- How to get your hands on some sanitiser
- Acting selfishly has consequences right now - why ethical decision making is imperative