Four Canberra golf courses remain open for play, going against Golf Australia's recommendation to close due to the coronavirus pandemic.
When contacted on Tuesday afternoon, Royal Canberra, Yowani, Gold Creek and Belconnen all planned to be open for play on Wednesday - although Belconnen were holding a meeting on Tuesday night to decide whether Wednesday's competition went ahead and Yowani have restricted play to members only.
That's despite Golf Australia advising all clubs on Monday they should shut their gates.
They said golf didn't fall into any of the four categories Prime Minister Scott Morrison said were acceptable reasons to leave the home.
At the close of business on Tuesday, Queanbeyan, Federal, Murrumbidgee, Royal Military College, Capital, Fairbairn and Gungahlin were all closed.
"It is Golf Australia's recommendation that, based on the prime minister's announcement on Sunday evening that limits outdoor gatherings to two persons or fewer, all golf clubs and facilities should close until further notice," Golf Australia's statement said.
"The prime minister stated that all Australians should stay at home except for: shopping for essentials, medical purposes, exercise, [and] work and education if you cannot work or learn remotely.
"A number of state/territory premiers and chief ministers have already supported this view and reinforced to their state/territory residents that this advice should be followed.
"This messaging has been clear on what constitutes exercise and while golf is used for exercise for many, it is clear that golf does not fall within this definition based on public government statements in the last 24 hours."
MORE CANBERRA SPORT
Federal general manager Anthony Sinclair said it was almost a relief to shut the doors - given the constantly changing landscape due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
He felt his board's decision to close the course was the "socially responsible" thing to do.
On top of the restrictions on why people can leave the house, the federal government has banned public gatherings of more than two people.
Sinclair said there had been plans to limit groups to two people - until Golf Australia's advice came through.
"I'm actually a bit relieved in some way because we've had to change our plans 10 times in the past seven days," he said.
"It has just been mayhem from a management perspective. We've more or less had to have the board camped out on site so we can make quick decisions on the latest developments or the latest directions from the government or the governing bodies of the game.
"I'm proud of the club's decision to take the socially responsible route of closing the golf course based on the clear direction we've been given."
It's a further blow to Federal after a brutal summer sent water bills through the roof.
Sinclair said they had record numbers on their fairways in February and were set to do the same in March before the pandemic changed things.
Just like many businesses, Sinclair said the lockdown was going to make things tough financially.
The bar and restaurant had already been closed due to previous government crackdowns.
"If it goes on too long and just about every business will have to shut the doors," Sinclair said.