Multiple Access Canberra centres will be closed for the rest of the week due to staff planning future services in the wake of coronavirus.
The closures will affect Access Canberra centres in Tuggeranong and Gungahlin along with the Civic shopfront. They will be closed from April 1 and will re-open from April 6. The Belconnen and Woden centres remain open.
Access Canberra executive branch manager Emily Springett said the closures would relieve pressure across the system.
"The closure will also enable us as an agency to finalise forward planning arrangements so we can continue to provide continuity in our service delivery, while supporting the health and safety of our teams and our community," she said.
Access Canberra said that like others in the community, staff had been affected by coronavirus arrangements, including increased caring responsibilities.
People were encouraged to use Access Canberra services online.
"It's important that our community reduces their time outside their home unless it is essential, and the majority of Access Canberra services and transactions can be completed online or by phone, which prevents the need for our community to transact face-to-face," Ms Springett said.
Social distancing measures are in place at Access Canberra centres and hand sanitiser is available.
Our COVID-19 news articles relating to public health and safety are free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support. If you're looking to stay up to date on COVID-19, you can also sign up for our twice-daily digest here.