He's travelled almost 700 kilometres and saddled up for 10 races this weekend, but Aaron Sweeney says he's just lucky to still be racing during the coronavirus crisis.
The Canberra-based jockey is backing up for his fourth-straight day of racing when he takes the saddle at Queanbeyan Racecourse on Monday.
The coronavirus pandemic has shut down professional sport across the country but racing is still going ahead, albeit with strict biodiversity restrictions.
Jockeys are restricted to staying in their preferred region, meaning Canberra-based riders can only compete in the south.
Without competition from travelling Sydney jockeys, it's so far provided more opportunities for Canberra hoops like Sweeney.
MORE CANBERRA SPORT
"You just have to take what you can get," Sweeney said.
"It makes it a bit easier for us to keep rides because you don't have the city jockeys coming down.
"There is a bit more prizemoney up that way for them, so it won't restrict them too much.
"[On the flip side] it's hard for us. With the Country Championships taking place in Sydney on Saturday, there was quite a few jockeys who couldn't go there to ride their horses with the protocols. Country jockeys can't ride in that race.
"It is what it is and we're lucky to be riding at the moment."
Sweeney's four-day stretch started with two podium finishes and a fourth at Thoroughbred Park on Friday, before heading south to Albury and Gundagai.
His 10-race stretch culminated in a benchmark 66 (1180 metres) win with Mick Miladinovic-trained Trumbo on Gundagai Cup day.
The 35-year-old jockey will add another five races to the tally when he takes the saddle at Queanbeyan. He says the the David Kelley-trained Muzzleburst is his best chance of the day, having rode the gelding to victory in Orange two weeks ago.
"I think Muzzleburst will run a good race," Sweeney said.
"He'll be competitive but it's a bit of a worry with barrier 10. There's not too much speed in it, so hopefully we can get across, sit and go from there."