A structure on Laughton Street at Chisholm has been destroyed after a fire was started by an unattended candle.
Firefighters arrived at the scene when the structure was already well alight and were able to put it out, however they were unable to save a large amount of personal belongings stored inside.
No one was injured.
ACT Fire & Rescue released a statement urging the community to never leave candles unattended.
"It's important to ensure you always keep candles clear of curtains, clothing and other flammable materials, only use candles on a non-flammable surface, and always put candles out before leaving the room or going to sleep," the statement said.
Laughton Street was closed on Sunday evening while firefighters were on the scene.