All of greater Melbourne has been declared a no-go zone for Canberrans, as new coronavirus cases in Victoria continue to increase.
While ACT residents are not banned from travelling into Victoria, Canberrans are being strongly advised to avoid Melbourne and reconsider their travel plans.
Previously, advice for ACT travellers had only extended to known coronavirus hotspots in Melbourne.
In the 24 hours to Monday, 75 new cases of coronavirus were recorded in Victoria, the highest number of new cases recorded in months.
Of the 75 new cases announced on Monday, only one was linked to hotel quarantine.
The surge in new cases in Melbourne has led to ACT health officials being flown in at the request of Victorian government to help manage the outbreak.
Three officials, including two senior epidemiologists and a case investigator, will spend a week in Victoria to help with contact tracing efforts.
ACT Health Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith said the situation in Victoria was concerning but the risk was not so great to enforce a total ban on ACT residents visiting the state altogether.
"If you don't need to go to the greater Melbourne area, we strongly advise against it," Ms Stephen-Smith said.
"While the risk is not enormous, it is enough for us to want to be very cautious.
"If you have returned from hot-spot areas, do not visit anyone in residential aged-care facilities or hospitals or other places where there may be vulnerable people."
Those in known virus hotspots in Melbourne have been advised not travel outside of the area.
Ms Stephen-Smith said the ACT staff assisting Victoria health authorities in contact tracing efforts would not impact on the ACT's own capabilities to manage the virus.
There remain no active coronavirus cases in Canberra with more than 29,000 negative tests carried out.
"The support comes at the request of the Victorian government and is part of a national arrangement to respond to the resurgence of cases," she said.
"It reflects that it was expected that outbreaks would occur as we move restrictions back."
ACT health authorities said no fines were issued to businesses and venues during the weekend for breaching social distancing rules limiting the number of customers to 100 per indoor space or one per four square metres.
Access Canberra, ACT police and health authorities carried out more than 50 inspections last weekend, with a higher level of compliance reported.
ACT acting chief health officer Dr Vanessa Johnston said a plan to increase the number of people allowed in smaller venues to one person per two square metres could come into effect from July 10, as part of stage three of eased coronavirus restrictions.
"We're looking at the density rule and taking that into consideration as we make the announcement of stage three restrictions," Dr Johnston said.
Owner of Elemental cafe in Braddon Julian Fresi said increasing the limit on customers to one per two square metres would mean almost double the number of customers would be allowed.
"It would be massively different. At the moment, we're only allowed to have 12 people inside. If it goes up to one per two square metres we could go up to 20 people," Mr Fresi said.
"We've had to turn a lot of people away, especially on the weekends due to the customer limit."
He said inspectors had been out and about since restrictions were eased enforcing the customer limits.
"You don't want to run the gauntlet. It's simply not worth the risk or the massive fine," he said.
Mr Fresi said other cafes and venues in the area would benefit greatly from the increase in customer limits.
"It's been pretty tough. You got to be strict an count people as they go in and out," he said.
"The changes would 100 per cent help. Lots of cafes around Braddon aren't that big."