Tuggeranong and Gungahlin residents can kick off their new financial year right, with a thorough clean out.
Bookings opened on Wednesday morning for Gungahlin and Tuggeranong residents to schedule free bulky waste collection from July 15.
Each household will get one free collection per year, up to two cubic metres.
The service was previously only free to concession card holders and will be rolled out to other Canberra regions over the next four years.
Re-usable and recyclable items will be separated, keeping as much of the waste out of landfill as possible.
Residents are urged to ensure they only dispose of acceptable items.
- Furniture and household appliances
- Tools including garden equipment (with batteries removed)
- Timber up to two metres in length
- White goods and sinks
- Building materials (excluding rubble)
- Metal products and automotive parts (with fuel or batteries removed)
- Electrical equipment including lighting (with batteries removed)
- Blankets, linen and manchester
- Camping and outdoor equipment
- Televisions or computers
- More than two cubic metres of waste
- Items weighing more than safe manual handling limits
- Household chemicals or hazardous wastes
- Sheet glass and mirrors
- Asbestos sheeting or asbestos products
- Gas bottles or fire extinguishers
- Dirt or timber over two metres in length
- Sharps, needles or sharps containers
- Garden waste (grass clipping, prunings) or household organic waste (food)
You do not need to be home for your collection, but all bulky waste items must be left inside your property boundary and in an easily accessible location for collection.
No items should be left on public land.
If you are a resident of Gungahlin or Tuggeranong book your bulky waste collection today at www.act.gov.au/bulkywaste.