A record number of Canberrans were tested for coronavirus during the past weekend, as concern grows over a spike in cases in Victoria and NSW.
The ACT recorded its third straight day with no new cases, but authorities here are expecting more cases to emerge in coming days.
Two people who returned from a Melbourne hot spot tested positive on Wednesday, two household contacts later tested positive and a fifth close contact was identified.
The total number of cases in the ACT is 113.
The Chief Health Officer Kerryn Coleman has warned there would likely be more cases detected as a result of the Melbourne outbreak.
Meanwhile, around 400 Canberrans are in mandatory self-isolation after recently returning from Victoria.
There were 1058 people tested for coronavirus in the ACT on Saturday and Sunday, the most out of any weekend since the start of the pandemic in March.
More than 660 tests were carried out at the drive-through clinic at EPIC, 246 at the Weston Creek walk-in centre while a further 150 were tested at the coronavirus surge centre on Garran Oval, which opened on Saturday.
The surge in people getting tested comes as Canberra's fourth public coronavirus testing clinic opened to patients on Monday in Belconnen.
The new clinic at the West Belconnen Child and Family Centre in Holt had more than 50 patients present for testing on its first day of operation with health authorities predicting that number to increase in coming days.
A further testing clinic is planned for Canberra's south, the location to be announced in coming days.
ACT Health Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith said more than 37,000 negative tests had been recorded in Canberra since testing began earlier this year.
"For a weekend to have more than 1000 people tested, higher than any other weekend, is a good outcome," she said.
"The surge centre [on Garran Oval] is starting off slower than the other sites that people are more familiar with, and it's a good addition to capacity."
There were no new coronavirus cases recorded in the ACT in the 24 hours to 1pm on Monday, the third straight day of no new cases.
There are five active cases in the ACT, all linked to an outbreak of cases of Victoria, with the total number of cases in Canberra standing at 113. The Health Minister confirmed there were almost 400 people in self-quarantine, either due to returning to Canberra from Victoria, or they had been a close contact of a known case.
"We won't know for a week whether we have had cases in the ACT that were from Victoria, and we are encouraging anyone with either the mildest of symptoms to get tested," Ms Stephen-Smith.
"We are obviously keeping a close eye [on new cases]."
More than 800 exemptions have been received by ACT health protection services for Canberrans to be able to cross the border between NSW and Victoria.
A further 70 exemption applications are yet to be completed, with Ms Stephen-Smith saying those ones were more complicated to process.
The border between the two states had been closed since July 8. Anyone returning to the ACT from Victoria has been ordered to self-isolate for two weeks.
Checks on whether recent returnees have been self-isolating have been carried out by ACT police with a rate of 100 per cent compliance reported.
It is not known at this stage whether any Canberrans have been identified in a cluster of cases linked to the Crossroads Hotel in south-west Sydney.
Authorities are monitoring the situation as the number of new cases as part of the cluster continues to climb.