A Victorian man is under investigation after allegedly breaching Canberra's border restrictions.
Police found the man at a business premises on Saturday evening after they received reports he had entered the ACT from Victoria on Friday night.
An ACT Policing spokesman said the man had been granted an exemption to enter NSW but was required to travel directly to a Sydney address and self-isolate there for 14 days.
The spokesman said the man was ordered to leave the ACT immediately and to quarantine in Sydney.
"The man complied with the direction and left the ACT in his vehicle, under the watch of police," he said.
The incident is being investigated and the man could receive a fine of $1000 for entering the ACT without an exemption.
People returning from several hotspots in NSW must also self-isolate.
ACT Policing with assistance from State Emergency Service and Rural Fire Service volunteers checked on 329 people in self-isolation in the ACT over the weekend.
Detective Superintendent Jason Kennedy said more than 1212 checks had been conducted in the past 14 days.
He said people in quarantine were grouped by police into high-risk and low-risk categories.
"We decide what we consider high-risk so they might be people we suspect may not comply with self-isolation," he told ABC Radio.
"Then there is people we are confident that will."
"We use [the SES and RFS] for not only checking on people to ensure they are self-isolating but also welfare which is an important part ... just checking on them and seeing how they are going and if they are okay."
ACT Policing were called to disperse line ups outside several venues over the weekend.
Detective Superintendent Kennedy said police were pleased with the conduct of more than 60 businesses checked this weekend but there were concerns the public wasn't complying with rules.
"One issue we are seeing though is the public, particularly in line ups for clubs and pubs, are not abiding by social distancing," he said.
"There were a number of licensed establishments that did contact police to assist in moving people on."
No fines were issued this weekend. Since social distancing requirements were brought in only one fine has been issued to a Civic restaurant.
Earlier this month, police charged 41-year-old Simeon Cassar with breaching COVID-19 restrictions by allegedly entering the ACT without the required exemption after travelling from Victoria.