The Gungahlin Bulls are on the hunt for their first top-grade premiership since 2001, but standing in their way are the mighty Canberra Raiders under-20s who have lost just once this year en route to the final.
Sunday's decider promises to be a mouthwatering encounter between the two top Canberra Raiders Cup sides at Seiffert Oval, pitting an established club against a young Raiders squad brimming with talent.
Canberra entered their young stars in the competition as a way of keeping players engaged during the COVID-19 pandemic, given the national under-20s competition was scrapped earlier this year due to the virus.
It also helped prop up the league which only had three other clubs willing to resume playing in 2020.
Gungahlin was the only team to beat the Raiders' youngsters this season and Bulls captain Tre Holton-Williams, who played for the under-20s in 2016, said it had been beneficial to match up with them throughout the year.
"They have been the benchmark all season, their middles and outside back are really good," said Holton-Williams.
"The Raiders, they obviously train everyday and their standard of competition is good to play against."
After last week's loss to the Raiders, Holton-Williams said his side must bring more hunger on Sunday.
"Our energy needs to be better, our aggression, and we obviously need to start better," Holton-Williams said.
"We have struggled to put an 80-minute performance together. We just need to be tough."
MORE CANBERRA SPORT
Opposition captain Silafono Titiuti said his side was wary of the Bulls bouncing back.
"They have nothing to lose, same as us," Titiuti said. "They have some firepower behind them. Tre might not have said it, but they do.
"I think we will be up for the challenge and we will see how it goes."
The match will be played under relaxed NSW government COVID-19 guidelines, although a maximum crowd of 500 still applies. More than one parent can now attend community sporting events, although shared travel arrangements like car pooling were still strongly discouraged.