A juniors football coach suspected of sexually abusing Canberra children for about 20 years is facing an increasing number of charges after another alleged victim emerged.
Stephen James Porter has already pleaded not guilty to 11 charges, including three counts of sexual intercourse with a child and one of maintaining a sexual relationship with that boy.
Police have alleged that the 51-year-old took advantage of his position at the Ainslie Football Club to gain access to the boy under the guise of private Australian rules coaching in 2014.
Mr Porter allegedly went on to rape this boy about 45 times over the course of three or four years.
In the ACT Magistrates Court on Monday morning, he was hit with five new charges including two relating to a different child.
The court heard that he was accused of using this boy for the production of child exploitation material between 2009 and 2011.
Police documents tendered to the court allege that Mr Porter told the boy who made the original complaint about having used sex toys on the boy named in the new charges.
The other three new charges are of possessing child exploitation material on June 27, which was when police raided Mr Porter's home in the Belconnen suburb of Macgregor and arrested him.
Mr Porter is yet to enter pleas to the latest charges.
Prosecutor Ryan Roberts told the court on Monday that he had planned to apply for the revocation of Mr Porter's bail, but he ultimately decided against doing so.
Mr Roberts said there were likely to be even more charges laid in the future.
Magistrate Louise Taylor continued Mr Porter's bail, with some amendments including restrictions on the use of a mobile phone, until the 51-year-old's next court appearance.
Police, who are still investigating Mr Porter, have previously said in court documents that they suspect he "may have been committing serious sexual offences against young people for about 20 years".
Upon his arrest, Mr Porter is said to have told officers: "Well, I've had a good life. I've made it to 50. I've done well."
"Police believed the defendant was referring to the fact that his offending has finally been exposed," the police documents say.
Before being charged, Mr Porter was working in an ACT government IT job and coaching an under-14s Australian rules football team about three times a week.
Since being granted bail, however, the 51-year-old has been banned from going within 100 metres of the Ainslie Football Club, which has said in a statement that he has been stood down from coaching pending the outcome of his case.
Mr Porter is due back in court on November 23.