Firefighters have extinguished a kitchen fire at a home in Franklin.
Crews were called to the house on Nancy Cato Street at 2.43pm on Sunday afternoon.
Three pumpers, one commander and a HAZMAT crew attended the scene.
An ACT Emergency Services Agency spokeswoman said the fire began in the kitchen and caused some damage, although it was not extensive.
Everyone has been accounted for and no injuries have been reported.
Crews are now conducting routine smoke inhalation checks and ventilation and atmospheric monitoring.
The spokeswoman reminded Canberrans to pay attention while in the kitchen.
Around a third of all residential structure fires in the ACT are caused by people leaving cooking unattended.