The ACT's light rail network will be partially shut down between the EPIC & Racecourse and Gungahlin Place stops from Sunday for two weeks.
It will be shut due to the construction of the new Sandford Street light rail stop.
The light rail will resume on Saturday, January 23.
Queanbeyan's Qcity buses will replace the affected light rail services. These services will operate between Dickson Interchange and Gungahlin Place.
The replacement bus stops are adjacent to the light rail stops and will depart from platform three at Gungahlin Place and from platform two at the Dickson Interchange.
The buses operate to a higher frequency compared with the normal light rail frequency; buses will run every three to 15 minutes.
Customers will not have to tap on and off when entering and exiting the replacement Qcity buses.
Advice for people travelling within inner north area (between Dickson and EPIC & Racecourse)
- Passengers travelling between Dickson Interchange, Swinden Street, Phillip Avenue and EPIC & Racecourse can continue to travel on light rail, or they can use the rail replacement bus services if they are travelling north of EPIC.
Advice for people travelling into Gungahlin area (between Dickson and Gungahlin Place)
- Passengers travelling into the Gungahlin area are encouraged to transfer to a rail replacement bus service at Dickson interchange. Rail replacement buses will depart from Platform 2, Dickson Interchange.
EPIC Park & Ride
- The EPIC Park & Ride will remain operational for the duration of the works and passengers can transfer from here onto light rail services travelling to the city.
Effects on traffic
- Motorists will not be able to turn right into Morisett Road from Flemington Road.
- One lane will be closed in each direction on Flemington Road near the Sandford Street intersection.
- The speed limit on Flemington Road will be reduced to 40km/h adjacent to the construction site.
- Access to bicycle paths and on road cycling will be maintained during construction.
- All pedestrian access will be maintained, noting that the signalised pedestrian crossing located at the southern end of the Flemington Road and Sandford Street/Morisset Road intersection will be detoured to the northern signalised pedestrian crossing until mid 2021.