Manuka Oval will host three more Big Bash matches after Cricket Australia were forced to modify the competition's schedule again to avoid COVID-19-hit Sydney for at least another two weeks.
Both Sydney teams will travel to Canberra on Tuesday and set up temporary camp ahead of their derby match on January 13.
The Sixers host the Perth Scorchers three days later before the Thunder entertain the Hobart Hurricanes on January 18.
That will mark nine Big Bash matches at Manuka Oval this season - the most of any venue - while the Thunder's clash with Hobart will be their seventh game in roughly five weeks at the ground.
Sydney's recent COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent border restrictions across the country had left Cricket Australia scrambling for an alternative to the eight fixtures scheduled in the Harbour City this month.
Five matches remain scheduled for Sydney later this month, although they're also expected to be moved. It is understood those games will not be played at Manuka Oval.
Canberra was flagged as a potential alternative venue for rescheduled Sydney games after stricter border restrictions between NSW and other states were imposed a minute before midnight on New Year's Eve.
Cricket ACT chief James Allsopp and his staff have since been working closely with the ACT government to help facilitate CA's SOS call.
"I really feel for the fans in Sydney at the moment - you've got the Sixers and Thunder at the top of the table and their Sydney fans have been unable to see them," Allsopp said.
"In saying that it's a fantastic opportunity for the Canberra community to get out and see some more games at Manuka. We'll be able to turn this around and see some fantastic cricket next week."
The Sixers flew to the Gold Coast on Thursday afternoon ahead of their clash with Brisbane on Sunday, while the Thunder thrashed Hobart in Perth on Thursday, and play the Scorchers at the same venue on Saturday.
They've won 11 matches between them this season and occupy the top two positions on the BBL ladder.
MORE CANBERRA SPORT
"As a squad we gained a lot of confidence from the way we played in Canberra [winning four from five matches]," Thunder coach Shane Bond said.
"We're familiar with the conditions, the crowd is great and they're right behind us, we all know the hotel we'll stay at is comfortable - but I'm devastated, really gutted for our fans in Sydney.
"All of the squad are reading messages that they're happy with the way we're playing, and it's cruel that they haven't had the opportunity to turn out to Sydney Showground Stadium to cheer us on. We get the feeling they're proud of us, and we are grateful for their great support."
CA's head of Big Bash Leagues Alistair Dobson said: "We understand this will be disappointing news for the thousands of passionate Sixers and Thunder members and fans in Sydney.
"We want those fans to know that we greatly appreciate their support and know they'll be tuning in to cheer their teams on.
"Multiple movements of multiple groups across multiple state borders, means moving these games gives us the best possible chance of executing a full season.
"These movements have been made easier by the successful implementation of and detailed planning behind the bio secure hubs in each market, which have allowed us to effectively safeguard the competition.
"We have been working closely with the ACT government to bring the games to the ACT to ensure the health, safety and enjoyment of both officials, players and fans. Manuka Oval hosted six successful BBL matches last month with COVID-Safe measures in place to keep players, officials, patrons and the Canberra community safe."