Trams and police vehicles were among targets hit by a "brazen" vandal who committed a string of graffiti offences over a six-month period last year, often in full view of the public, police say.
In a statement issued by ACT Policing on Monday morning, officers said a 39-year-old O'Connor man was responsible for the vandalism.
They said he'd graffitied in Dickson, Civic and O'Connor between May and October last year, and had notably targeted police vehicles, light rail vehicles and the Sydney building.
Attached to the statement were pictures of what appeared to be the man's graffiti "tag" in different locations.
Officer in charge of Gungahlin police station, Inspector Rachel Hutka, said the man had not been discreet about his actions.
"Our investigation indicates the offender would often commit these offences in full view of members of the public, while the offender was also allegedly spotted taking photos of his tags with a mobile phone shortly after committing the offences," Inspector Hutka said.
"These incidents amount to property damage which is a criminal offence.
"The cost of the damage is real with significant expenses involved in the clean-up process."
The policing statement said the man would face the ACT Magistrates Court.
He was set to be charged with seven offences, including defacing a Commonwealth premises, property damage and defacing public property.