Bacon and maple blueberry pancakes
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
30g unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup blueberries
8 pieces streaky bacon
butter and maple syrup, to serve
1/2 cup fresh blueberries to serve
1. Preheat oven to 100C. In a large bowl whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter and vanilla essence.
2. In a separate bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
3. Make a well in the centre, pour in liquid mixture and whisk until combined.
4. Allow to stand for 20 minutes, then stir in blueberries.
5. Place a large non stick frypan over a medium heat.
6. Pour 1/4 cup into the pan and cook for two to three minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for another minute or until base is golden.
7. Transfer onto plate, cover with foil to keep warm and repeat with remaining batter until finished.
8. Place the bacon into the same frypan and cook for three to four minutes on each side or until crispy.
9. Divide the pancakes amongst four plates and top with bacon, butter, berries and maple syrup.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Blueberries
Smoked salmon and dill Dutch baby
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tsp salt
1/3 cup water
1 red onion, halved and sliced thinly
Dutch Baby Pancake:
2/3 cup plain flour
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
30g butter, diced
Smoked salmon, dill and creme fraiche:
1/2 cup crème fraiche (or sour cream)
1 tsp lemon zest
salt and pepper
150g smoked salmon slices
lemon wedges and extra dill fronds to serve
1. Combine vinegar, sugar, salt and water.
2. Mix until sugar has dissolved.
3. Add onion and toss to coat.
4. Stand for 10 minutes and then drain just before serving
Dutch Baby Pancake:
1. Arrange one oven rack in the middle position and remove all other racks above or below.
2. Set oven to 240C/220C (fan-forced) and place a 25cm (top measurement) ovenproof frying pan into oven to heat up.
3. Combine flour and salt in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
4. Pour in milk and add eggs.
5. Whisk to a smooth batter.
6. Once oven has reached temperature, quickly remove hot frying pan from oven using oven mitts.
7. Add butter and swirl pan to coat all the base and sides.
8. Pour in batter and return to oven.
9. Cook 15-18 minutes or until pancake has puffed up and sides are golden.
Creme fraiche topping:
1. While Dutch baby is cooking, mix together the crème fraiche and lemon zest.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Remove from oven and top with dollops of crème fraiche, smoked salmon and pickled onion.
2. Garnish with dill fronds.
3. Cut into wedges and serve with extra dill and lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Eggs.
Gluten-free peanut butter pancakes with smooth peanut butter and honey Greek yogurt
For the gluten free pancakes:
1/2 cup gluten free flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup milk of your choice
1 tbsp Mayver's Dark Roast Peanut Butter
For the peanut butter and honey Greek yoghurt:
1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp Mayver's Dark Roast Peanut Butter
1 tbsp honey
1. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, milk and stir until smooth. Add peanut butter to the mixed batter and stir until mixed in thoroughly.
2. Warm a frypan on a medium heat and add oil to coat bottom of the pan. Add a couple of tablespoons of mixture and cook for approximately three minutes until bubbles start to appear. Flip and cook for another two minutes or until golden brown. Repeat until all mixture is used.
3. Serve with layers of peanut butter and honey Greek yoghurt and top with crushed peanuts.
4. For the peanut butter and honey Greek yoghurt: add all the ingredients into a bowl and stir until combined. The mixture will become thick as it is combined.
Recipe courtesy of @janessa.rutter in collaboration with Mayver's.
Peanut butter oat pancakes
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup Mayver's Smooth Peanut Butter
1/2 cup milk
oil for cooking
1/2 banana, mashed and 1/2 to serve
1. Combine dry ingredients well, before adding the wet ingredients.
2. Combine until moist batter is formed.
3. Over a hot pan, spoon 2-3 tbsp. of mixture and cook each side for 1-2 mins.
4. Serve with banana and drizzle with a syrup of your choice
Recipe courtesy of Susie Burrell for Mayvers.