1. SummerSalt Festival: So much for the so-called iconic Aussie summer, right? Celebrate the end of this weird one with SummerSalt Festival, coming to Canberra this Saturday with an epic lineup of Australian musicians, including Emily Wurramarra, Montaigne, the Cat Empire, the Teskey Brothers and John Butler. The festival, currently completing a tour of Australia following sold-out runs in Tasmania and the Mornington Peninsula, will be kicking of at Stage 88 at Regatta Point from 1:30pm this Saturday. Tickets are still available at summersaltmusic.com.au
2. Mile High Club (in Civic): It's launching at Zoo Bar on London Circuit on Friday and Saturday with special guests Sneaky Sound System (yes - I Don't Care and all that) on both nights. The bar is all about the views of the city, with an "entertainment precinct" spread across four levels, with a bar grill, pool hall and cocktail lounge and nightclub right at the top. The event looks to be a regular Saturday night thing, but the launch is special, and there are still tickets for Friday night - it all kicks off at 10pm. zoobar.com.au
3. Drawing Near Exhibition: Up-and-coming Canberra-based Taiwanese artist Chin-Jie Melodie Liu delves into her identity as a Taiwanese woman of mixed heritage in her exhibition at the Australian Centre on China in the World. There will be a guided tour through the exhibition running on Saturday 27 from 2pm to 2.30pm, while the exhibition is open from 10am to 3pm. Registration is required for the tour and is available at ciw.anu.edu.au
4. Memory Walk and Jog: You may need to recover after Saturday? Get out your running (or walking!) shoes this Sunday to help raise funds for Dementia Australia. With more than 6000 people in the ACT estimated to be living with dementia, the memory walk raises much-needed funds for vital support services and research. Participants can walk, jog or run a 2km, 5km or 10km track around Lake Burley Griffin starting at 7am at Barrine Drive, Acton. Registration starts at $37 on the day or at memorywalk.com.au
5. Chocolatier, winery and distillery tour: And, to top it all, this triple-threat tour from Dave's Tours is running again this weekend, with a delectable lineup of must-visit Canberra food and drink specialists. The tour will include a trip to three local wineries, a distillery and a chocolatier. Venues could include Contentious Character, Mount Majura Vineyards, Jasper and Myrtle, Big River Distillery and more! Tour will run on Sunday 28, from 9.30am to 4.30pm, departing from Bentspoke Brewing Co. in Braddon. Tickets are available at classbento.com.au
For faster access to the latest Canberra news, download The Canberra Times app for iOS and Android.