LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS
* Australian-made doses of the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine are weeks away from being available.
* Elderly Australians will be the priority when the vaccines are ready from March 22 at general practices.
* Health Department boss Brendan Murphy says the vaccinations will eventually be available at thousands of GP clinics across Australia. Arrangements with GPs are still being finalised.
* Prime Minister Scott Morrison and state and territory leaders agreed at a national cabinet meeting on Friday to expand capacity at a Northern Territory quarantine facility so more people can return.
* The ramp up from 850 to 2000 people per fortnight will begin at Howard Springs, near Darwin, from late April, pending upgrades to the facility.
* More than 40,000 Australians are overseas trying to return.
* Other states won't change their arrival numbers until they are reviewed on April 30.
* Victoria is expected to make a decision soon on whether it will allow international flights to land in Melbourne.
* Queensland is pressuring the federal government for a definitive answer on support for a regional quarantine camp it says will help more vulnerable Australians come home.
* The Wagner Group wants to build a coronavirus quarantine facility at Wellcamp Airport near Toowoomba, which would host up to 1000 travellers and 300 staff.
* Queensland contact tracers have tracked down eight people who may have been infected with COVID-19 while staying at a Brisbane quarantine hotel between February 17-21, when two people on their floor tested positive for the Russian strain of the virus.
* Six are self-isolating in Queensland and one is in Victoria amid a COVID-19 cluster linked to a flight that landed in Brisbane. The eighth person is still in hotel quarantine.
* Victoria's top cop confirmed he advised against another Melbourne ring of steel during last month's lockdown because it would have been impractical.
* A host of COVID-19 restrictions have been eased at NSW schools, allowing parents back onto campus and the resumption of singing and dancing.
* Victoria has gone a week without recording a locally acquired coronavirus case.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia recorded no new locally acquired cases of the coronavirus on Friday. There were 12 new cases in returned travellers in hotel quarantine in NSW and one in Queensland.
* The national death toll is 909: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 115,616,238
* Deaths: at least 2,569,285
* Recovered: at least 65,383,180
Data current as of 1730 AEDT on March 5, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press