Brisbanites won't be locked down again if there's another coronavirus outbreak in the city.
Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young says only the most vulnerable people will be locked down if there's a future COVID-19 cluster.
She says the recent lockdown of hospitals, aged care homes, prisons and disability services has stopped the virus spreading in Brisbane after a doctor became infected last week.
Those facilities reopened at noon on Friday after the state went eight days without a new case in the community.
"I hope people plan on going and visiting their loved ones in aged care, their family in our prisons, those people in disability services, and hospitals," Dr Young told reporters.
The chief health officer said everyone knew how to respond after the doctor tested positive at PA Hospital last week.
She said most people were now using check-in apps, allowing contact-tracers to work rapidly during outbreaks.
Dr Young said there wouldn't be another city-wide lockdown in Brisbane.
"Absolutely, there's no need to go into lockdown when we've got responses like this," Dr Young said.
"We've handled it beautifully, absolutely beautifully."
The recent lockdown began on Saturday after the doctor tested positive on March 11.
The woman had worked at PA Hospital and visited four venues in the city's south the previous day.
Dr Young said the woman, who wasn't vaccinated, had followed strict protocols on wearing personal protective gear and interacting with COVID-19 patients.
"I think it's a wicked virus, I genuinely do," she said.
"This is the virus that's the problem, it's not any human behaviour, it's not what anyone's done."
The doctor was infected by a patient who had been a guest at the Hotel Grand Chancellor.
That person also spread the virus to another guest staying in a separate room on the same level at the quarantine hotel.
An analysis of CCTV found no quarantine breach occurred and Dr Young suggested virus particles were spread by the guests opening their doors to collect meals.
Meanwhile, Health Minister Yvette D'Ath defended her conflicting advice about the AstraZeneca vaccine for people prone to severe allergic reactions.
Earlier this week, four such people in Queensland reacted to the AstraZeneca jab.
Ms D'Ath urged that cohort of Queenslanders to hold off on getting the vaccine until more was known.
Hours later, federal health experts said people with severe allergies should not delay vaccination.
Ms D'Ath insisted her advice was precautionary, temporary and had not damaged public confidence in the rollout.
"We got that advice in a matter of hours, the matter was resolved," she said.
"I dont' believe it has created any damage."
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the vaccine drive would be expanded in the Torres Strait Islands amid concerns about COVID-19 in Papua New Guinea.
She said the number of cases arriving from there was putting strain on hospitals, with nine new virus cases reported in hotel quarantine on Friday.
"We're moving people into hospitals, but there might come a time where that is going to prove difficult," Ms Palaszczuk said.
"So, you know, we're seeing nine, eight (cases) a day, that's the highest we've seen."
Australian Associated Press