The federal government would continue to pursue staffers allegedly involved in "disgusting and inappropriate" sex acts in Parliament House, Finance Minister Simon Birmingham has confirmed.
One Coalition staffer has already been sacked after an explosive Ten News report revealed he was part of a group which had been sharing explicit images and videos of them performing sex acts at work.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison said he was shocked, disgusted and appalled by the staffers' behaviour, while Mr Birmingham said any staffer involved in the lewd acts "ought to pack their bags and leave the building for good".
In a statement on Thursday night, Mr Birmingham confirmed the government continued to investigate the allegations.
"Allegations that have surfaced this week are disgusting and inappropriate in any workplace, but particularly in the nation's parliament," Mr Birmingham said in the statement.
"These are serious allegations and we've demonstrated that this behaviour won't be tolerated with one individual being dismissed on Monday night.
"Earlier this week I indicated that we would be undertaking further investigations to ascertain any other instances of wrongdoing.
"We have been pursuing these investigations and I thank those who have been able to assist us with information to date.
"The government is working to resolve these issues and get to the bottom of these allegations.
"I assure everyone that we are not going to tolerate the behaviour that has been alleged and are taking all steps possible to ensure appropriate consequences for anyone found to have done the wrong thing."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: