The war memorial will keep displaying its collection of artworks and equipment relating to Victoria Cross recipient Ben Roberts-Smith despite recent allegations made in Nine Network papers and television programs.
Mr Roberts-Smith on Monday rejected those allegations.
The former special forces soldier is depicted in paintings at the Australian War Memorial.
Medals, uniform and equipment relating to Mr Roberts-Smith remain on public display in the memorial's galleries.
An Australian War Memorial spokesperson said the institution had made no decision to remove the items following the allegations aired on 60 Minutes on Sunday and reported in Nine newspapers.
"The memorial understands the need for due process in response to these allegations," the spokesperson said.
"Any outcome of an investigation that impacts on content presented in the memorial's exhibitions and displays will be addressed, consistent with the organisation's reputation for truth telling, once due process has run its course."
Among items in the memorial's collection are two paintings it commissioned, including one showing Mr Roberts-Smith mimicking a pistol grip and another depicting him wearing his formal uniform and medals.
Its collection also has Mr Roberts-Smith's helmet worn in June 2010 during the assault against an enemy fortification in Afghanistan for which he later received the Victoria Cross.
Nine newspapers and its program 60 Minutes reported that federal police had obtained contents of previously unseen USBs of images relevant to the investigation and allegations that potential witnesses to the inquiries had been intimidated in an attempt to stop them giving evidence.
Nine also described alleged secret recordings of Mr Roberts-Smith in which he appeared to say he was indebted to media boss and Australian War Memorial chairman Kerry Stokes, who he reportedly claimed would "run his bank down" to support him.
Mr Roberts-Smith issued a statement on Sunday denying the allegations, saying they were baseless and had not been put to him before being broadcast.
He is suing Nine for defamation over 2018 news reports alleging he committed war crimes in Afghanistan, which he has consistently denied.
Public attention focused on the Australian War Memorial's presentation of Australia's involvement in the Afghanistan war after the release last year of the Brereton inquiry report, which found credible information or allegations which warranted further investigation into whether murder and wilful cover-up of war crimes in Afghanistan by Australian special forces personnel had taken place.
The Canberra Times is not suggesting any such findings have been made in relation to Mr Roberts-Smith.
War memorial director Matt Anderson last week said the institution's position, six months after a redacted version of the report was released, was to wait for the results of an investigation conducted by the new Office of the Special Investigator.
"We start with the presumption of innocence," Mr Anderson said on Thursday.
"[Veterans] want whatever the outcome is, when that outcome is known, to be told, but to be told in the context of Australia's longest war - and that's what we're going to do."
Mr Anderson said the contents of new galleries built in its $500 million expansion would be decided in consultation with the public, including advisory bodies representing veterans.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: