No new cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in NSW following the identification of exposure sites in Goulburn and the NSW South Coast.
Residents remain on high alert after a man from Melbourne who later tested positive for coronavirus visited several location while on holidays with his family in NSW last week.
NSW Health said there were no new locally-acquired cases in the 24 hours to 8pm on Tuesday from 21,551 tests.
Victorian Health authorities made the decision on Wednesday to extend the "circuit breaker" lockdown for another seven days, although some restrictions will be eased in regional Victoria.
Some 54 active infections were reported on Tuesday, following an outbreak of the Indian COVID variant in Melbourne and some regions.
Extra testing clinics were set up after Victorian health officials notified NSW Health the person visited Jervis Bay, Goulburn, Hyams Beach and Vincentia on May 23 and 24.
The man visited Trapper's Bakery and Shell Coles Express Big Merino in Goulburn on the way home on May 24.
Owners of Trapper's Bakery made the decision to close for deep cleaning on Wednesday. Coles Express closed at 9:30pm on Tuesday for a deep clean and re-opened at 2am after it was completed.
"Anyone who lives in Jervis Bay, or has visited Jervis Bay since May 22, is asked to be especially vigilant for the onset of even the mildest of cold-like symptoms, and is urged to come forward immediately if they appear, then isolate until a negative result is received," NSW Health said in a statement.
"Additionally, anyone who has recently had symptoms should also get tested."
Goulburn Council General Manager Warwick Bennett said: "council encourages the community to stay calm, but to follow all NSW Health advice and to please get tested and self-isolate until you receive results if you are showing any symptoms.
"Trappers Bakery have voluntarily closed for the day in order to enable a deep clean. We have been advised Shell Coles Express Station last night proactively closed for a deep clean before reopening today which we are pleased to hear."
AAP reports extra testing clinics are being set up in southern NSW as a result.
The person with COVID-19 visited the following locations:
- Shell Coles Express Big Merino, Goulburn - 10.00 to 11.30am, Monday, May 24
- Trapper's Bakery, Sowerby Street, Goulburn - 10.30am to 11.30am, Monday, May 24
- Crooked Goose Cafe (formerly Hyams Beach Cafe), 76 Cyrus Street, Hyams Beach - 10.00am to 12pm, Sunday, May 23
- Green Patch campground, Booderee National Park, Village Bay Road, Jervis Bay - all day Sunday, May 23 and to 9am, Monday, May 24
- Coles Vincentia Shopping Village, 21 The Wool Road, Vincentia - 12pm to 1pm, Sunday, May 23
Meanwhile, Victorian authorities are expected to extend the state's seven-day lockdown, due to end on Thursday night, as concerns grow about rapid transmission.
ACT Chief Health Officer Kerryn Coleman said the investigation was still in its early stage and more information on how this might affect Canberrans would likely be available on Wednesday afternoon.
She said any resident who visited those locations during the times identified should ring ACT Health on Wednesday morning.
Ms Coleman said health officers would take down details and recommend they get tested and isolate until they receive further instructions.
"Please, please, please keep an eye on these sites and if you do see a site that is relevant to you, please get tested," Ms Coleman said.
"It's a really good reminder once again to remember those things we learnt as a child: wash our hands, good respiratory hygiene and try to remember to stay about 1.5 metres away from people that you don't know."
ACT residents can contact ACT Health by calling (02) 5124 6209 between 8am and 6pm.
The positive case was tested on Tuesday after experiencing the onset of symptoms last Tuesday. This was the day after they drove back to Melbourne last Monday, before Victoria's stay-at-home measures took effect on Thursday.
Exposure site closed
Trapper's Bakery was closed to the public from Wednesday while awaiting further direction from NSW Health.
Owner John Woodman made the decision to close and have the popular Sowerby Street bakery deep cleaned.
The Melbourne man who tested positive to COVID-19 visited the location on May 24, between 10.30am and 11.30am.
Mr Woodman said typically on a Monday they would expect about 20 people through the door at that time.
Six staff members who had been at the shop on that day had been directed to get tested and self isolate and suppliers had been advised the location had been identified as a risk.
Mr Woodman said everyone was hoping to get the all clear to reopen ahead of the ski season opening on the June long weekend, which was traditionally very busy.
He said while the loss of revenue this closure could cause would not be devastating for the business, it had the potential to be significant.
"It'll certainly be a dramatic impact," Mr Woodman said.
NSW Health said the list of exposure sites could grow.
IN OTHER NEWS:
There are now 54 active COVID-19 cases in Victoria, which looks set to extend its fourth lockdown in an effort to contain the fresh outbreak that was sparked by a virus leak from hotel quarantine in South Australia.
More than 350 exposure sites have been identified in Victoria, with concern growing the strain of COVID-19 in the community is highly virulent and easily passed on.
One in 10 positive persons has caught the virus from a stranger, and Victorians are bracing for more bad news as a longer lockdown looms.
Doctors want quarantine change
Meanwhile, the Australian Medical Association is calling for urgent changes to hotel quarantine after a man was infected by a returned traveller in the room next door at a hotel in Perth.
State health authorities are investigating how the transmission took place.
It is the latest in a long list of breaches in hotel quarantine across the country.
"This would be the 21st (breach) according to our own records of issues within hotel quarantine," Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly told a Senate hearing.
"But we have to think about what the background is, that 352,000 people have come through hotel quarantine over that period."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: