Canberra Raiders centre Curtis Scott has taken the first step towards getting his NRL career back on track.
The 23-year-old's returned to Canberra and was in isolation in his house until the end of next week.
It would allow him to then return to training at Raiders HQ, but at this stage there were no plans for him to join the Green Machine in their Queensland bubble - casting doubt on his future at the club.
Scott's served his three-game NRL ban for his alleged involvement in a fight at Civic nightclub Kokomo's on May 30.
He was also fined $15,000.
The other man involved in the incident has made a formal complaint to police, while also notifying Scott of his plans to sue.
While he's contracted to the Raiders until the end of 2023, Scott's future at the club remained up in the air.
MORE RAIDERS NEWS
In the short-term, Scott's been passing the time in isolation doing jigsaw puzzles.
Once he's out he'll be able to train with the other few Raiders players still in Canberra.
There's only a handful of them still in Canberra, with the potential they could be allowed play in the Canberra Raiders Cup.
The Raiders were also in discussions to play the Newcastle Knights' NSW Cup side, given the NSW government lockdown doesn't apply to the Steel City.
Both clubs were looking for games for their reserves after the NSW Cup was suspended indefinitely.
It was looking unlikely to happen this weekend, but could go ahead next weekend with Mittagong a possible location.
It's the second year in a row the NSW Cup has been affected by the coronavirus pandemic after last year's competition was cancelled after just one round.
While the bulk of both the Raiders' and Knights' players were now in South-East Queensland, there were a few who were left behind - plus those who were playing in local competitions, like the Canberra Raiders Cup, who could play.
Scott's return to Canberra coincides with the departure of Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad.
The Raiders fullback has flown to Queensland where he'll continue his rehabilitation from neck surgery.
Nicoll-Klokstad will remain outside of the Canberra bubble until the team has completed their two weeks' quarantine and then he'll be able to join them.
He's taken Xavier Savage's place on the Gold Coast, after the 19-year-old returned to Canberra and had surgery on his AC joint on Thursday.
The pair have been ruled out for the rest of the season, but Nicoll-Klokstad was hopeful he could return before the end of the 2021 campaign.
There were still six Raiders games left before finals after their clash with the Parramatta Eels on the Gold Coast on Thursday night.
There was plenty of excitement about Savage's first two games at fullback, only for his season to come to an abrupt end.
He hurt his shoulder in the win over the Cronulla Sharks, but he was able to finish the game and scored his maiden NRL try.
There was initial optimism he'd be right to play the Eela, but scans revealed the full extent of the damage and he was booked in for season-ending surgery.
Raiders coach Ricky Stuart said it was disappointing Savage had also been struck down by the injury curse that's befallen the club over the past two seasons.
"It was important to get it done and get him into recovery and rehab as soon as we possibly can," he said.
"It was very disappointing.
"Over the last couple of years - it hasn't just been this year - the spate of injuries it's been back to back and that really knocks you around, it tests your resilience as a squad."