The ACT has recorded its highest number of new COVID-19 cases and one person is now in intensive care.
Another 30 cases have been reported with the source of five of those cases under investigation. The ACT has 167 active cases.
Four people are in hospital with COVID-19, including a woman in her 40s, who is not vaccinated, in intensive care.
Thirteen cases were in quarantine for their entire infectious period. Eleven cases were infectious in the community and the status of six cases are under investigation.
ACT chief health officer Kerryn Coleman said the large number of cases reflected close and household contacts of positive cases acquiring the virus.
Of the 25 linked cases, 21 are household contacts and the remaining four are linked to existing clusters.
Dr Coleman said the people in the community while infectious was not a reflection of people doing the wrong thing.
She said it was concerning but was due to the highly infectious Delta strain, which could be passed up to 48 hours before symptoms appeared.
"Please people do not panic. We are heading in the right direction. We just need to keep doing it for a bit longer," she said.
ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr says it's too early to speculate on where we will be in a week's time. He says the biggest issue is people being infectious in the community.
"The reason we are in lockdown is to reduce the transmission potential."
Canberra's lockdown is in place until September 2 at the moment.
Two disability support workers are among the new cases, bringing that cluster to 17 cases.
A University of Canberra Hospital team member has also tested positive. They worked in the food services area while infectious on August 20, 21 and 22.
Canberra Health Services interim chief executive Dave Peffer said 15 close contacts of that person were in quarantine and the risk of transmission to patients and clinical staff was deemed very low.
The staff member was wearing a surgical mask and goggles and the food preparation area has been deep cleaned.
There remains about 700 health staff in quarantine, and 500 people with a nursing background have responded to a call out to aid the COVID-19 effort.
Mr Barr said the detailed guidelines for COVID-19 business hardship schemes are now online.
The government is also reestablishing some of the commercial and residential tenancy protections which were implemented in last year's lockdown.
The Bright Bees early learning centre in Nicholls has been identified as the ninth transmission site with three cases linked to it.
A case has also emerged linked to the public housing complex, Condamine Court, which was sent into quarantine after an infectious person visited the site.
A close contact of the visitor has tested positive and is being supported in isolation.
There are now 40 cases linked to Lyneham High School and 30 associated with Fiction nightclub.
Another 15 cases are linked to Lennock Jaguar dealership, 27 to Southern Cross Basketball Stadium, 11 with Downer Community Centre, six with Belconnen Basketball Stadium, four with Assembly bar and 2 with Gold Creek School.
"We're going to have days like this where that household initial infection will spread to other members of the household," Mr Barr said.
More than 5600 tests were conducted in the past 24 hours.
"This is good news," Mr Barr said.
He said testing sites at Kambah and Brindabella Business Park would reopen on Wednesday, after they were closed due to wet weather.
The list of exposure sites has continued to grow overnight with the addition of a Girl Guides meeting and a construction site among new close contact locations.
Meanwhile, pressure is mounting for the construction industry to return as the ACT nears two weeks of lockdown.
ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr has flagged he will announce any changes to public health measures for a range industries by Thursday.
READ MORE COVID-19 NEWS:
- Childcare centre listed among new exposure sites
- Public housing residents forced into quarantine as complex named an exposure site
- Canberrans aged 16 to 29 can register for COVID-19 vaccine
- 'We should not fear it': PM urges states to hold true to reopening plan
- ACT bus timetable to change during lockdown due to quarantined drivers
- 'Not hiding information': ACT defends messaging on Covid cluster in disability community
Our coverage of the health and safety aspects of this outbreak of COVID-19 in the ACT and the lockdown is free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support. You can also sign up for our newsletters for regular updates.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: