Canberra Racing chief executive Andrew Clark says they can safely hold meetings at Thoroughbred Park, which is why he's hopeful they could return to racing there in October.
He's in talks with ACT Health with the hope they could receive the exemptions they need for crucial race-day staff - like jockeys and TV crew - ahead of their October 8 meeting.
They've officially switched their next meeting, originally scheduled for next Saturday, to Queanbeyan on September 28.
But each time they do that they lose up to $40,000 in revenue.
The ACT government has knocked back Canberra Racing's requests for exemptions to allow NSW-based jockeys and TV crew to work at Thoroughbred Park, which has forced the industry to hold their meetings in Queanbeyan.
But ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr has flagged they'll review all their current lockdown restrictions at the midpoint of the current four-week extension, which was set to end on October 15.
That means Canberra Racing could have those exemptions granted at the turn of the month.
If they aren't, then their October 8 meeting will have to be abandoned because Queanbeyan are holding one of their own on October 12.
"This is one thing we can do safely ... it would be restricted to just essential personnel to run the meeting," Clark said.
"The discussions with [ACT] Health will continue on that basis."
MORE CANBERRA SPORT
While Clark was thankful for Racing NSW's help in transferring race meetings to Queanbeyan, he said each time they did it meant a hit to their balance sheet.
So far they've transferred two meetings across the border, as well as abandon another two due to the lockdown.
"We have come to an arrangement with Racing NSW that does see us receive all the wagering revenue from those meetings, but the model for wagering in NSW races for these standard meetings is different than the ACT model," Clark said.
"So each meeting probably equates to a $25,000-$40,000 hit to the club's finances."