A further 41 cases of coronavirus have been recorded in the ACT in the 24 hours to 8pm Wednesday, including another baby testing positive at Canberra Hospital.
A second baby and one team member have been diagnosed with COVID-19 linked to a growing cluster at Canberra Hospital's Centenary Hospital for Women and Children.
ACT Health Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith said investigations into the source of the infection were ongoing but two visitors had also tested positive, bringing the cluster's total to five cases.
She said the territory had achieved the 70 per cent double-dose vaccination milestone for those aged 16 and over. More than 96 per cent of the population aged 12 and over had received their first dose.
But the case numbers were higher than she'd like to see ahead of reaching the 80 per cent double-dose vaccination rate.
"We need to be cautious, we need to remind people that you can still contract the virus and you can still transmit the virus if you're vaccinated," she said.
"Vaccination is an outstanding protection against the most severe impacts of COVID-19, but we're still not at 70 per cent of our eligible population.
"Only 80 per cent ... is the real benchmark for that vaccination rate to make a real difference in terms of transmission and illness across the community."
It was important Canberrans continued to follow the health directions until restrictions were formally eased, she said.
Of the 41 cases reported on Thursday, 14 are linked to known cases or ongoing clusters, including 11 household contacts. Seven were in quarantine for the entirety of their infectious period while at least five were in the community while infectious.
Ms Stephen-Smith said many of the cases had been notified late on Wednesday and she was confident more would be linked to known cases or ongoing clusters.
MORE COVID-19 NEWS:
There are 15 people in hospital, she said. Eleven of those were unvaccinated with four having received one dose. Seven people in intensive care, six of them are requiring ventilation.
The youngest patient in intensive care is in their 20s with the eldest in their 60s.
More than 3500 tests were conducted on Wednesday.
There are now 1107 reported cases associated with this outbreak with 694 having recovered.
Deputy chief health officer Dr Vanessa Johnston said health teams were managing a total of 407 active cases.
The ACT government's budget revealed on Wednesday more than $90 million would be invested in the public health response to COVID-19, focusing on pushing forward with the vaccine rollout.
Ms Stephen-Smith said nearly $65 million of the funding would be allocated to manage the impact of the virus on the ACT community.
Financial assistance for casual workers left unable to work because of COVID-19 restrictions has also been extended until mid-next year.
Canberra's Thursday figures come as Victoria recorded its second-highest daily case tally of the outbreak.
The state recorded 1638 new local cases and two deaths on Thursday, with active infections now pushing past 15,000.
The numbers in NSW continue to dip as the state announced 587 new cases on Thursday, and a further eight deaths.
The Southern NSW Local Health District recorded 15 new cases, with nine new cases in Queanbeyan-Palerang, four in Goulburn and two in Snowy Monaro.
It brings the total number of cases in the region to 317 since the start of the outbreak in June.
The lockdown period for the Snowy Monaro region was extended to October 11 on Wednesday evening following concerns over the growing number of cases.
There are now more than 40 active cases in the region.
Premier Dominic Perrottet said restrictions would ease early in NSW as it reached its 70 per cent double-dose vaccination milestone on Wednesday evening.
From Monday, indoor gatherings will be capped at 10 people, excluding children aged under 12. Limits on outdoor gatherings will now be lifted to 30 people.
For weddings and funerals, 100 people can attend.
More restrictions will be eased once the 80 per cent rate is reached, which is expected to be achieved before the end of October.
Our coverage of the health and safety aspects of this outbreak of COVID-19 in the ACT and the lockdown is free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support. You can also sign up for our newsletters for regular updates.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: