A COVID-19 case attended a primary school in Narrabundah last week while unknowingly infectious.
An ACT Health spokesman said the case attended St Benedict's Primary School on Monday 18 October and Tuesday 19 October.
"ACT Health became aware of this on Wednesday 20 October and direct communication from ACT Health and the ACT Education Directorate regarding the details of the exposure was provided to the school community on that same day," the spokesman said.
Principal Rachel Smith said in a newsletter the school was closed on Thursday and Friday for a deep clean of all areas and remote learning was cancelled for these two days.
The exposure occurred before most students had returned to face-to-face class when only children of essential workers or in vulnerable circumstances were able to attend school for supervision.
An ACT Health spokesperson said there were no further cases linked with this exposure. They would not reveal the number of close or casual contacts at this site.
"A risk assessment was undertaken to identify and contact any individuals who were at the location and considered to be a casual or close contact.
"ACT Health does not generally publish the number of close contacts associated with an exposure location unless there is a specific reason related to managing the public health risk."
At this stage, there were no COVID-19 exposures at Canberra schools on Monday as up to 41,000 students returned to class.
ACT Health previously said it would not be publicly listing schools as exposure locations in every case.
"All COVID-19 exposure sites are assessed by ACT Health and where there is low risk to the general public and where all people can be identified, the sites are not published as an exposure location," an ACT government spokeswoman said.
"Instead ACT Health works directly with the site to provide public health advice and support."
Since the beginning of term 4, Narrabundah Early Childhood School and St Mary MacKillop College have been identified as close contact exposure locations.
On Monday, Education Minister Yvette Berry said she would be surprised if there wasn't any COVID-19 cases in schools as students gradually return to class but that schools had plans in place to manage the risks.
This week preschool, kindergarten, year 1, year 2, year 6, year 9 and year 10 were able to return to class and early childhood services reopened to all children.
From November 1, year 3, year 4, year 5, year 7 and year 8 will be able to return to campus.
Our coverage of the health and safety aspects of this outbreak of COVID-19 in the ACT and the lockdown is free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support. You can also sign up for our newsletters for regular updates.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: