South Australia has reported 1740 new COVID-19 cases, its lowest daily total this year, along with five more deaths.
Premier Steven Marshall says the state's seven-day case average has now dropped to less than 2000.
"We are definitely now in a very good position compared to where we were four or five weeks ago," he told reporters in Adelaide on Saturday.
Mr Marshall says SA is now down to just under 23,000 active cases.
He revealed the numbers earlier in the day than is usually the case, while announcing a new round of stimulus support for businesses impacted by the pandemic.
The $50 million will come in the form of $100 and $50 consumer vouchers, cash grants of up to $22,000 for still struggling enterprises and money to help Adelaide City Council attract visitors back to the city's CBD.
Meanwhile, density limits in South Australian hospitality venues rise from 25 per cent to 50 per cent for seated patrons as of Saturday.
Paediatric elective surgery is also being reintroduced and mandatory use of QR codes at retail stores, including supermarkets, has been scrapped.
The codes will remain in place for high-risk settings such as hospitals, and across the hospitality sector.
Mr Marshall said on Friday the latest modelling of the Omicron outbreak showed the changes would not lead to another surge in cases, even with next week's return to school.
He said the general decline in daily case numbers was expected to continue.
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.