Five people has been rescued from floodwaters in southern Queensland with the premier saying rain that triggered the state's fourth deadly floods in four months is easing.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said all five people had been rescued from cars in floodwaters in the Darling Downs region on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.
"This morning a rescue was completed west of Dalby, crews were on site when a man was stranded on his car roof," she told parliament.
"I'm advised that he has since been rescued, which is great news."
The Queensland Fire and Emergency Services rescued another three people from a car caught in floodwaters near Cecil Plains and a farmer at Condamine Plains.
QFES also responded to 128 calls for help in the 24 hours to Wednesday morning, while 200 roads and four schools are shut due to flooding.
Two men have died in the current floods, triggered after a low pressure trough crossed the southeast coast on Monday and dumped up to 358mm of rain in 24 hours on some parts of the state.
Major flooding is occurring between Tummaville and Chinchilla Weir, while moderate flooding was likely along Charley's Creek at Chinchilla later on Wednesday evening, The Bureau of Meteorology said.
The forecaster has cancelled a severe weather warning for southeast Queensland - but flood warnings remain for the Logan and Albert River system, and the Nerang and Coomera rivers on the Gold Coast.
Two men died near Toowoomba in the current floods. One was washed away while trying to escape his swamped car and another who was killed along with five dogs when the car they were in was swept away.
The female driver was rescued, but the man and the dogs did not survive.
As a massive low pressure trough moves south into NSW, Ms Palaszczuk said her thoughts were with the people of Lismore and Ballina, who were facing catastrophic floods for the second time in two months.
She said 12 QFES swiftwater technicians were being deployed from Coolangatta to help NSW emergency services.
"We stand ready to deploy any further assistance if required," Ms Palaszczuk said.
The floods this week are the fourth major flood disaster in the state in four months.
Last month, 13 people were killed and thousands of southeast homes and business damaged after up to metre of rain fell in three days.
Another three people were killed and thousands of homes and business were damaged when the remnants of Cyclone Seth dumped more than half a metre of rain on the Wide Bay-Burnett region in January.
One month earlier, four people died in flash floods in Brisbane and major floods in the Darling Downs and southern Queensland.
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.