LABOR'S KEY PLEDGES IN GOVERNMENT
Anthony Albanese's Labor team will hit the ground running following the defeat of the Liberal-National coalition government led by Scott Morrison.
* Improve aged care, with registered nurses on-site 24 hours a day, more carers, a pay rise for workers and better food for residents
* Reduce childcare costs
* Support a minimum wage rise to keep pace with increasing inflation levels, and to lift productivity and close the gap on wages
* Net-zero emissions by 2050 and a 43 per cent greenhouse gas emissions cut by 2030 while driving investment in renewable energy and creating 604,000 new jobs by 2030
* Implement the Uluru Statement from the Heart in full and deliver a constitutionally enshrined Voice to Parliament
* Establish a national anti-corruption commission
* Promote women's economic opportunity and make gender pay equity an objective of the Fair Work Act
* Bolster relations with Pacific nations in the wake of the Solomon Islands signing a security pact with China
* Housing Australia Future Fund and Help to Buy scheme involving an equity contribution from the government for up to 10,000 aspiring homeowners a year on low and middle incomes
* A royal commission into Centrelink 'robodebt'.
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.