The NSW State Emergency Service has ordered thousands of residents to leave areas likely to flood or be isolated as severe weather hits Sydney and surrounding areas.
EVACUATION ORDERS IN PLACE FOR PARTS OF:
* Tuggerah, Budgewoi Lakes, Windsor, Shanes Park, Pitt Town, Pitt Town Bottoms, McGraths Hill, Mulgrave, Vineyard, Chipping Norton, Lower Portland, Georges Hall, Warwick Farm, Moorebank, Lansvale, Woronora, Bonnet Bay, Wisemans Ferry, Richards, Wilberforce, Cattai, Sackville, Londonderry, Ebenezer, Riverstone, Agnes Banks, South Maroota, Yarramundi, Penrith, Wallacia, Emu Heights, Emu Plains, Leets Vale, Cumberland Reach, Oakville, North Richmond, Freemans Reach, Bligh Park, Richmond Lowlands, Angus, Cornwallis, Gronos Point, Pleasure Point, Bents Basin, Camden
EVACUATION WARNINGS IN PLACE FOR PARTS OF:
* Colo, McDonald River, Mooney Mooney Dam, Sandy Point, Schofields, Windsor Downs, Marsden Park, Melonba, Mulgoa, Clarendon, Leonay, South Windsor, Cranebrook, Regentville, Castlereagh, East Hills, Picnic Point, Elderslie
MAJOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING ALONG:
* Hawkesbury River at North Richmond (13.79m, steady), at Sackville (10.86m, rising), at Windsor (13.90m, steady), and at Wisemans Ferry (5.44m, steady)
* Wollombi Brook at Bulga (5.96m, rising) and at Wollombi (13.04m, rising)
MODERATE FLOODING ALONG:
* Nepean River at Camden Weir (8.98m, falling)
RESIDENTS ORDERED TO EVACUATE CAN RETURN WITH CAUTION TO:
* Lake Illawarra, St Georges Basin, Sussex Inlet, Plough and Harrow Dam near Abbotsbury and Cecil Hills.
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.