Warriors chief executive Cameron George has denied the NRL club has a problem retaining players after they announced fullback Reece Walsh would be released to rejoin Brisbane.
The Warriors confirmed on Wednesday that they had signed Canberra's Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, but the acquisition of the Kiwi fullback on a three-year deal was overshadowed by news of Walsh's departure.
Both players will leave their respective clubs at the end of this season.
The Warriors have also been linked with a move for Brisbane fullback Te Maire Martin and could yet accelerate a move for Cronulla playmaker Luke Metcalf, who has signed for the club next year.
Walsh is yet to formalise a deal with Brisbane but the Warriors have only granted him permission to speak with the Broncos and not to NRL newcomers the Dolphins.
The 19-year-old has separated from the mother of his daughter in recent weeks and joins a growing list of losses ahead of the Warriors' return to New Zealand next year following three seasons based in Australia.
Departed head coach Nathan Brown, unwanted prop Matt Lodge and centre Euan Aitken, who will join the Dolphins in 2023, all ruled out a return to New Zealand once the club permanently relocates to Auckland from next season.
Halfback Chanel Harris-Tavita has also indicated he will take a sabbatical.
"If you walked in the shoes of what we've done over the last couple of years, it has presented a myriad of challenges where we haven't been able to connect fully as a club," George said.
"Our biggest issue in attracting players here in normal circumstances is that the thought of living overseas to play and work is always a challenge for any young family.
"We're dealing with men with young families most of the time and they've got a lot to weigh up but the people who do come here really enjoy it.
"(Winning) attracts good people and good players."
The Warriors have recruited strongly for 2023 with Dylan Walker, Mitch Barnett, Marata Niukore and Metcalf all committing to the club with George claiming all four - and the current contracted players - were intent on moving to Auckland.
"We haven't had any discussion with any other player about not relocating to New Zealand," he said.
Metcalf is one of those, having signed for the Warriors for 2023 on a two-year contract late last year.
The Warriors tried to bring Metcalf to the club earlier this season and are expected to ask the question of the Sharks again but Cronulla are likely to hold firm given there is little else available to them.
Martin, meanwhile, is yet to sign a contract extension with the Broncos after coming out of retirement earlier this year.
The 26-year-old has starred in the No.1 jersey for Brisbane since ending a two-year NRL hiatus which was enforced by a bleed on the brain.
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.