The Canberra Raiders have spoken with Leo Thompson's manager about bringing the Newcastle prop back to the NRL club.
Subscribe now for unlimited access.
or signup to continue reading
They're one of a number of clubs believed to have expressed an interest in the New Zealand international, who spent 2020-21 in Canberra.
Canterbury, the Dolphins, Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra have all been linked with the 24-year-old.
Thompson's contracted to the Knights for 2025, but is free to sign with other clubs for 2026 and beyond.
The Raiders are interested in bringing him back to the capital given they could have Josh Papali'i retiring at the end of next season.
Negotiations are still bubbling away to re-sign Raiders flyer Xavier Savage, while the details of Adam Cook's two-year extension can be revealed as a training contract for 2025 and then a top-30 deal for the following year.

New Canberra captain Joe Tapine and Kangaroos second-rower Hudson Young dropped into pre-season training on Thursday before resuming their holidays.
Tom Starling said, "Taps came in as well and said hello, checking in on us, making sure we're doing the right stuff.
"It's good to see the boys want to make sure we're going good."
Tapine, Young and Starling are part of an ever-growing band of former Newcastle players at the Green Machine - which Thompson would join if he signed with the Raiders.
It's believed the Knights prop is on holidays following his Pacific Championships campaign with the Kiwis.
Canberra is hopeful of meeting him when he gets back.
Starling will have increased leadership responsibilities next season as one of only two hookers in the Raiders squad with NRL experience.

They have young guns Owen Pattie and Shaun Packer coming through the ranks and Starling said it was part of his job to help get them ready to play NRL next season.
"Definitely mate. If you're in here training and you're in the squad, [Raiders coach Ricky Stuart] can call upon you at any time," Starling said.
"You've got to be NRL ready and got to make sure you're putting your best foot forward, and making sure when your number gets called upon you've got to be ready to go.
"It's no different in our dummy half position.
"I've got to be ready to go. I've got to be up to the level and be ready to go.
"I'm trying to make sure these boys are learning what they need to do and if they need any help I'm here to help.
"I'm trying to learn a bit off them. They've got some things about their game that I'm trying to improve and they've got things they probably need to improve that I can do well."
Starling said finals was a must for 2025 after they narrowly missed out on the eight this year.
That's despite all the experience that's walked out of the door since the end of the season, with both Elliott Whitehead and Jordan Rapana leaving for the English Super League.
Starling said the number of young players who had significant roles in 2024 showed the next batch of youngsters what was needed.
"It's a good lesson for the young boys in our squad today you're going to get called upon at one point throughout the season and you've got to be ready to take it with two hands," he said.
"We had a lot of the young boys stepping up into big roles last year.
"Obviously missing finals it's unacceptable for this club.
"We expect to be in the finals and pushing for top four every year so that's left a sour taste in our mouth coming in to this pre-season."





















