Topic | Fire | Canberra Times

Fire

Advertisement
Woman suffers critical burns in kitchen explosion

Woman suffers critical burns in kitchen explosion

A woman has suffered critical burns to her upper body after catching alight during a suspected kitchen explosion in Melbourne's west.

  • by Erin Pearson

Latest

Hydroponic cannabis set-up found after Mascot car park fire
Fire & Rescue

Hydroponic cannabis set-up found after Mascot car park fire

Investigators found the drug-growing set-up after the blaze was extinguished.

  • by Rachel Clun
'Distorted sense of priority': Union lashes out over fire response
Canberra

'Distorted sense of priority': Union lashes out over fire response

The firefighting union has slammed the Emergency Services Agency after a house was significantly damaged while a crew was out doorknocking.

  • by Blake Foden
Man loses everything in Gold Coast house boat fire
Fire

Man loses everything in Gold Coast house boat fire

Volunteer Marine Rescue Jacob Wells resource controller Roger Hawkes said he felt for the "lovely chap" who had lost all his possessions to a fire that set his house boat alight on Friday Morning.

  • by Jocelyn Garcia
Emergency services investigate after fire extinguished in Gungahlin

Emergency services investigate after fire extinguished in Gungahlin

Search and rescue operations are under way, emergency services said.

  • by Doug Dingwall
Man saves dog while van burns by Queensland road
Emergency services

Man saves dog while van burns by Queensland road

The driver was seen saving his dog from the flames that destroyed a van and trailer containing gas cylinders.

  • by Jocelyn Garcia
Advertisement
Young chefs injured in pop-up kitchen blast

Young chefs injured in pop-up kitchen blast

ACT Work Safety Commissioner Greg Jones said preliminary investigations indicated the explosion occurred around the time the chefs were changing LPG gas bottles

  • by Dan Jervis-Bardy
Four injured in kitchen explosion
Breaking
Fire

Four injured in kitchen explosion

An ACT Emergency Services spokeswoman said a gas leak in the kitchen caused the explosion.

  • by Dan Jervis-Bardy
Fire causes significant damage to home in Cook
Canberra

Fire causes significant damage to home in Cook

The home was unoccupied at the time of the fire.

Subiaco clothing store gutted by suspicious blaze

Subiaco clothing store gutted by suspicious blaze

A Subiaco clothing store has been destroyed by fire in the early hours of Wednesday, sparking a damage bill of about $100,000.

  • by staff writers
WA firefighters dealing with 13,000 false alarms a year
Emergency services

WA firefighters dealing with 13,000 false alarms a year

Firefighters were called out to more than 13,000 false alarms last financial year, costing them precious time and pulling them away from genuine emergencies.

  • by Phil Hickey