After Australia Post's rough lot in 2014, it seems its luck is yet to turn after a post box was blown up in Canberra during the early hours of New Year's Day.
Pictures show the post box ripped to pieces by the blast, which police say occurred in Calwell near Pennington Crescent about 1.45am on Thursday.
Residents in the area reported to police that fireworks had been set off early on New Years morning.
Witnesses said they saw two men walk up to the large Australia Post box and then quickly run away about 1.20am.
Moments later the post box was destroyed by the internal explosion, police were told.
The alleged offenders were described as being men of African appearance, about 198cm tall, slim, and aged in their 20s.
One of the men was wearing a black hooded jumper and carrying a back pack while the other man was wearing a grey hooded jumper, police said.
Police are urging any witnesses in the Calwell area to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or at act.crimestoppers.com.au.
Definitely not a robust start for the company who announced in June it would sack 900 workers amid forecast losses totalling billions of dollars.