ACT Fire and Rescue were called to house in Nicholls late on Tuesday night after a large brown snake was found inside an air conditioner unit.
Residents of the house on Sue Geh Circuit called triple zero at 8.50pm, the emergency services agency said.
Firefighters were sent to help deal with the situation unfolding in the air conditioner unit, which was attached to the outside of the house.
At 10.30pm, emergency services said firefighters were awaiting the arrival of a Territory and Municipal Services Directorate ranger to assist with the removal of the snake.
The eastern brown snake is considered the world's second most venomous land snake.