The federal government's $246 million "nanny program" is in serious trouble, with some families who signed up for the program shocked by the cost of more than $30 for each hour of child care.
- As the Department of Human Services prepares to go back to the ballots, union delegates are scratching their heads at the bewildering turnover of executives in the department's bargaining team.
- Former PM Paul Keating has weighed in to the politically incendiary argument over the GST, slamming a possible increase to 15 cents in the dollar as "fiscal folly"
- A leading international human rights group has highlighted the decision to place a 10-year-old autistic student in a metal cage as a violation of disability rights in Australia.
- The proportion of patients seen on time in Canberra's emergency departments are the lowest in the country, while median wait times for elective surgery patients are as long as 45 days.
- In sport, A century eight years in the making from Alex Blackwell and more all-round heroics from Ellyse Perry sparked a Southern Stars surge over India in Canberra last night.
- The ACT Brumbies are planning to have Henry Speight for the first five games of the Super Rugby season before he switches his focus to Rio Olympic Games glory.
- And in rugby league, Wayne Bennett is set to take on the coaching reins of England, a move that will pit him against Kangaroos icon Mal Meninga.
8.59am: An earlier crash on the Parkes Way / Anzac Parade roundabout is all clear.
8.17am: Looks like that three-car crash on the Parkes Way / Anzac Parade roundabout was a minor rear-ender. No one was taken to hospital, an ACT Emergency Services spokeswoman said.
8.17am: Watch out for a three-car collision at the Parkes Way / Anzac Parade roundabout. One car is still on the road and emergency services are on their way.
8.14am: There's been a crash on Parkes Way, near the roundabout with Anzac Parade.
Ben and Jerry's Openair Cinema is making its way to Canberra's central lakeside venue on Patrick White Lawns. Until 21 Feb.
The National Portrait Gallery will host a workshop for young children and families focusing on the portrait of Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu by Guy Maestri. Entry is $10 and starts at 9.30am and 10.30am.
See the year's best cartoons in Behind the Lines 2015 at the Museum of Australian Democracy.
Today: Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. Light winds. Min 14, max 28.
Thursday: Partly cloudy. Winds southerly 15 to 20 km/h turning southeasterly. Min 12, max 26.
Friday: Partly cloudy. Light winds becoming southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening. Min 11, max 25.