- Anyone found guilty one-punch attacks causing death could face up to 25 years in jail under a new opposition plan.
- In other news, organised crime groups have become so successful at importing drugs into Australia that the wholesale price being paid for ice, cocaine and ecstasy has dramatically fallen in the past 18 months.
- A man has been charged with ten offences including stalking and assault after a shot was allegedly fired at the window of a home in Queanbeyan.
- Chief Minister Andrew Barr will announce a full cabinet reshuffle on Friday.
- It comes as Ginninderra MLA Mary Porter has decided not to wait until the October election to depart politics, and plans to retire next month.
- Patients seeking emergency care at the Canberra Hospital will soon be treated in a new $10 million wing as the government seeks to meet increasing demand.
- Meanwhile, a new state of the art cancer centre in Canberra's north will be able to treat an extra 800 patients a year when it opens at the University of Canberra.
- To sport... The ACT Comets have been dealt a blow for the rest of the Futures League season.
- The Canberra Raiders have appointed their second female board member, but Bronwyn Fagan says she is not simply there to make up the numbers.
Traffic on Constitution Avenue will be moved onto the southern carriageway due to roadworks from Saturday until likely mid-2016.
Tomorrow, traffic from Anzac Parade to just east of Allara Street will be moved.
On Saturday February 6, traffic from east of Allara Street to London Circuit will also be switched.
Ben and Jerry's Openair Cinema is making its way to Canberra's central lakeside venue on Patrick White Lawns. Until 21 Feb.
The National Portrait Gallery has something for everyone to enjoy these summer school holidays with free activities inspired by Sideshow Alley for families to enjoy together. Until 24 Jan.
The Ainslie Arts Centre is hosting a week-long music workshop for girls aged between 10 and 17 years. More info here.
School holidays at the AIS means you can choose from the Pre-School Holiday Program, Soccer and Tennis Camps and a general Sports Vacation Program. Until 29 Jan.
See the year's best cartoons in Behind the Lines 2015 at the Museum of Australian Democracy.
The mercs are set to hit 29 degrees for the next three days.
Today: Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. Light winds.Min 19.
Saturday: Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. Min 16.
Sunday: Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Light winds. Min 16.