JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

Cooktop fire damages southside home

Date

Christopher Knaus

A kitchen fire has caused $10,000 damage to a home in Pearce.

The fire started after food was left cooking on a stove unattended in a three bedroom home on McLaren Crescent.

The home owner was not in the house while the food was cooking.

A neighbour noticed something was wrong, calling triple-0 at 3.52pm.

Firefighters rushed to the scene, forcing entry to the home, and extinguishing the fire.

The fire caused damage to the oven, stove and kitchen cupboards, and there was smoke damage to the remainder of the house.

Featured advertisers

Special offers

Credit card, savings and loan rates by Mozo