Fire extinguished at unit in Canberra's north
An electrical fault has caused a fire which left a unit in Canberra's north with an estimated damage bill of $100,000.
ACT Fire and Rescue attended the unit on Flemington Road in Franklin after an emergency call at 10.22am on Wednesday morning.
A ground floor unit in a three-storey block was significantly damaged, while surrounding units sustained minimal damage. Emergency services believe the fire caused about $100,000 in damage.
Intensive care paramedics attended but no injuries have been reported. No one was at home at the time of the fire.
The surrounding units were evacuated as a precaution, but residents have since been permitted to return to their homes.
Fire crews were conducting ventilation and air monitoring operations before departing the scene.