JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

Fire inside the public entrance of Parliament House

Date

Quick thinking security staff at Parliament House have extinguished a fire in the Great Hall near the front public entrance.

ACT Fire & Rescue were called to building at 1.39pm after an automatic fire alarm was triggered.

On arrival fire fighters found a curtin had caught fire, believed to have been sparked by a nearby light fitting .

Security staff had extinguished the flames.

The area was temporarily evacuated and the room ventilated.

 

Featured advertisers

Special offers

Credit card, savings and loan rates by Mozo