ACT News

License article

Fire inside the public entrance of Parliament House

Quick thinking security staff at Parliament House have extinguished a fire in the Great Hall near the front public entrance.

ACT Fire & Rescue were called to building at 1.39pm after an automatic fire alarm was triggered.

On arrival fire fighters found a curtin had caught fire, believed to have been sparked by a nearby light fitting .

Security staff had extinguished the flames.

The area was temporarily evacuated and the room ventilated.