A driver who allegedly dragged an elderly man behind his ute in a road rage episode outside the Australian War Memorial has pleaded not guilty.
Joel Adams, 20 of Watson, is facing two charges stemming from the incident on November 5; a dangerous driving charge and failing to give particulars following a crash.
Police, in a statement issued earlier this month, alleged the driver was involved in a crash with another car in Campbell.
A minor argument began, police said, after the older man, aged 79, tried to talk to the younger ute driver.
Police allege the driver then dragged him about 30 metres from Anzac Parade to Limestone Avenue.
He is then accused of leaving the scene.
Adams' case appeared in the ACT Magistrates Court for the first time on Wednesday.
He entered pleas of not guilty to the two charges, and the case was adjourned.
Police said in their earlier statement that the older man suffered abrasions and taken to Calvary Hospital by ambulance.
Adams will appear in court again at a later date.