Three Rebels bikie gang members accused of attacking and stripping two Finks members of their colours will face aggravated robbery charges, a court has heard.
The trio were initially charged with affray and participating in a criminal group. They have all pleaded not guilty.
Belconnen bikie fight
ACT Policing's pursuit of Timothy Smith-Brown
How to vote electronically at the ACT election
Tattoo removal session
Test drive in a fully electronic luxurious Tesla Model S with autopilot capability
Union launches ACT election advertising campaign
ACT Chief Minister endorses Dexar Group
Baby koalas born at Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve
Belconnen bikie fight
CCTV footage shows the fight between members of the Canberra Rebels and two men wearing shirts with the word FINKS. NO SOUND. The footage in this video occasionally freezes.
But a Canberra prosecutor on Monday revealed the fresh, more serious charge, would be laid early next year.
Prosecutor Mark Fernandez made the announcement during the successful bail application by Kirk James Newman, 27, in the ACT Magistrates Court.
Newman is alleged to have met Canberra Rebels members Dean Stephen Reid, 26, and Fakatounaulupe Ngata, 35, at Westfield Belconnen on October 4.
Court documents said the trio assaulted the two men, before stripping them of clothing bearing the word FINKS.
Newman is alleged to have punched one of the men in the head as he tried to escape up a flight of stairs.
The entire incident was caught on the mall's CCTV system.
The trio were arrested in late October and have been in custody for two months.
Newman made his third bail application on Monday, which was opposed by the prosecution.
Mr Fernandez argued that, if released, Newman posed a threat to public safety, could tamper with evidence or harass witnesses, and faced retribution from Finks members.
The prosecutor said the charge of participating in a criminal group would become a back up to the fresh aggravated robbery count, once laid.
But defence lawyer Paul Edmonds said his client's alleged co-offender, Reid, had been granted bail last week, despite having a much worse criminal record.
Mr Edmonds also argued the DPP and police had had three months to collect witness statements and evidence.
"There's not a scrap of evidence before the court that the defendant ... has attempted to contact the alleged victims or witnesses," he said.
Mr Edmonds said the aggravated robbery charge could not be taken into account for the bail application because it had not yet been laid.
He argued the new charge had only been instigated after another magistrate raised doubts of the prosecutions ability to prove the criminal group allegations.
Chief Magistrate Lorraine Walker granted Newman bail, saying the risk of interfering with witnesses and evidence had been reduced.
But the magistrate imposed a series of bail conditions she said would minimise the risks to public safety.
The conditions include that Newman not leave the territory and not approach or contact his co-accused, the alleged victims, or any members of the Rebels.
Newman will reappear in February.