JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

Sleeping smoker's lucky escape

Date

A sleeping smoker has had a lucky escape after being woken by firefighters putting out a smouldering fire in his Narrabundah home on Saturday.

A neighbour called emergency services after noticing smoke coming from the ground floor apartment at Gowrie Court around 2.46pm.

Fire crews evacuated five nearby tenants from the three-storey building before forcing their way into the apartment. On entry, firefighters found a sleeping man on a lounge chair with a smouldering fire on the carpet.

Crews quickly extinguished the fire, which was started by a cigarette and caused minimal damage.

 

Featured advertisers

Special offers

Credit card, savings and loan rates by Mozo