JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

Woman treated for smoke inhalation following Farrer blaze

Date

A woman has been treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire broke out in Farrer on Saturday afternoon. 

Firefighters believe a battery-operated appliance sparked the blaze at the Hawkesbury Street home shortly after 2pm.

Residents returned home to find part of the house alight. 

The woman, 32, was taken to Canberra Hospital in a stable condition. 

Paramedics also assessed a man in his 30s, but he did not require further treatment. 

There was no-one home at the four-bedroom property when the blaze broke out.

Firefighters contained the fire to the living room and there was some minor damage to the ceiling space.

The rest of the house sustained smoke damage. 

Police shut off part of the road for about half an hour. 

Featured advertisers

Special offers

Credit card, savings and loan rates by Mozo