Stop work notices issued to 17 building sites in Gungahlin have been lifted, almost three months since they were issued by the ACT government.
The crackdown from Access Canberra on March 1 saw 12 building companies issued with the notices for a range of defects on the sites.
The building sites were ordered to stop due to non-compliance including timber-framing defects, exposed steel reinforcements in concrete slabs and the incorrect installation of window flashings.
In one building, water could have been able to come in if the flashings were not installed properly.
ACT construction occupations registrar Ben Green said the last of the notices were lifted at the end of last week.
"Appropriate supervision and quality control by builders could have prevented these issues from occurring in the first place," Mr Green said.
"Instead, what we have seen is delays for home owners and additional costs, in terms of time and money, to the builders who have had to rectify the issues."
The notices as part of the Access Canberra blitz were not issued to individual contractors.
Since July last year, more than 328 building compliance checks had been carried out, with 28 stop work notices given.
Access Canberra also issued nine notices directing building work to be undertaken to rectify issues.
"The necessary rectification works have been completed to support compliance and support quality building in the ACT," Mr Green said.
"These checks have taken place across residential, multi-unit and commercial sites."
The sanctions placed on building sites in recent months comes as Canberra's development boom has been plagued with multiple incidents of defect-ridden buildings.
The ACT Assembly is looking into building quality across Canberra as part of a government inquiry, which was announced last year following concerns from industry groups and consumers.
Construction experts have raised concerns about the quality of high-rise buildings in the ACT.
Earlier this year, the ACT government introduced rules requiring all new Canberra builders to pass an exam before being granted a licence.
Mr Green said further building checks would be carried out across other construction sites.
"With more than 8000 active building approvals in the ACT at any time, the vast majority of building works occur to a high standard," Mr Green said.
"However, industry are on notice that non-compliant and poor quality work is not tolerated and action will be taken.
"Access Canberra is continuing to work with industry to support ongoing improvement in building quality and standards in the ACT."