Queanbeyan-trainer Todd Blowes is set for the biggest race of his career with Noble Boy securing a slot in the $1.3 million Kosciuszko.
It took less than 24-hours for the Blowes-trained horse to be snapped up after the slot-holders were drawn on Tuesday.
The five-year-old gelding won seven from nine starts last season, including the $500,000 Country Championship at Royal Randwick.
Blowes admits "there's a little added pressure" to perform at the high-profile race but says Noble Boy has improved from his last preparation.
"The Country Championship was a big challenge because we had lead-up races to qualify but as far as one race goes, it'll definitely be up there," Blowes said.
"I've got a training pattern set up for him that worked for us going into the Championship final so we won't stray too far from that.
"He's going to have to perform at 100 percent to be able to knock-off Victorium and Don't Give a Damn, who ran well in the race last year. It's going to be a hectic five weeks but we're looking forward to it."
MORE CANBERRA SPORT
Noble Boy is one of five horses who have earned slots so far and sits behind Jenny Graham-trained Victorem in the TAB Kosciuszko fixed odds.
The leading contenders are joined by Danny Williams-trained Don't Give a Damn, Melanie O-Gorman-trained Suncraze and Tarbert, who is trained by the inaugural Kosciuszko-winning trainer John Shelton.
Noble Boy will likely be ridden by Hugh Bowman, who is the former jockey of retired star Winx.
Bowman rode Noble Boy to the Country Championship earlier this year and will trial the gelding at Royal Randwick on September 27.
"He's the best in the world and has won three times with Noble Boy now," Blowes said.
"I'm pretty sure Hugh is going to stick with him, I haven't heard any differently."
Matthew Dale's stable have also received a slot but no specific horse has been chosen yet.