LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* The NSW premier and chief health officer have warned COVID-19 case numbers will increase across the state as four Sydney council areas go into lockdown.
* NSW issued stay-at-home orders on Friday morning, with the seven-day lockdown to come into force at midnight.
* The Australian Medical Association says a targeted lockdown will not stop the Bondi outbreak, which has grown to 65 people, and the entire Sydney basin should be locked down.
* Peak industry bodies have called for financial support for businesses impacted by the lockdown, which could cost retailers alone $750 million.
* Queenslanders are being urged to reconsider all travel to NSW and authorities have issued individual stay-at-home orders in their bid to stop the Delta variant of COVID-19 from entering the state.
* The Victorian health minister says the latest two local COVID-19 cases in the state will not lead to rampant further infections.
* The Morrison government has agreed to progress quarantine hubs in Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia after months of ongoing demands for more federal action.
* The South Australian government has ruled out lifting the number of overseas arrivals, putting it out of the running for federal help to set up a dedicated quarantine centre.
* NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro has tested negative to COVID-19 after a virus scare in the state's parliament but must remain in isolation until July 6.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 7,137,632 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Friday, including 138,434 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 4,201,992 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 72,589 in the previous 24 hours).
* 3,778,390 have been issued in primary care (+70,118) and 423,602 in aged and disability facilities (+2471).
* 2,935,640 have been administered by the states and territories, including 65,845 in the previous 24 hours.
* 986,341 have been administered in Victoria (+17,625), 748,701 in NSW (+18,918), 491,587 in Queensland (+13,902), 265,350 in Western Australia (+5205), 205,274 in South Australia (+5675), 104,341 in Tasmania (+1553), 77,441 in the ACT (+1243) and 56,605 in the NT (+1724).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 16 local cases in its official tally for Friday: 12 in NSW, two in Victoria and two in Queensland.
* There was one new overseas-acquired case in hotel quarantine, recorded in Victoria.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 180,002,000
* Deaths: at least 3,900,000
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 2,766,353,000
Data current as at 1730 AEST on June 25, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.