NSW ROADMAP OUT OF LOCKDOWN AT 80 PER CENT:
* New freedoms will apply on the first Monday after the state reaches an 80 per cent double dose vaccination target, expected late October.
* These apply to the fully vaccinated but there are some concessions for the unvaccinated.
* Travel between Greater Sydney and regional NSW allowed.
* Caravan parks and camping grounds can operate, including for those who are not fully vaccinated.
* Carpooling is permitted. Those who are not fully vaccinated can only carpool with their household.
GATHERINGS IN THE HOME AND PUBLIC SPACES
* Up to 10 visitors in a home where all adults are vaccinated (not including children 12 and under).
* Those who are not fully vaccinated may only gather outdoors in groups of two.
* Community sport is back.
* Hospitality venues can open with one person per four sq/m inside and one person per two sq/m outside, and standing while drinking will be permitted inside.
* Those who are not fully vaccinated can only access hospitality venues for takeaway.
WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS AND CHURCHES
* No limit for fully vaccinated guests for weddings and funerals.
* Those who are not fully vaccinated may only attend weddings with a maximum of five guests (no receptions).
* Churches and places of worship can continue to open with one person per four sq/m, with no singing. Those who are not fully vaccinated will be allowed.
HAIRDRESSERS AND NAIL SALONS
* Personal services - such as hairdressers, nail salons, spas, beauty, waxing, tattoo and massage can open with one person per four sq/m, with no cap on client numbers.
FURTHER CHANGES FROM DECEMBER 1 FOR ALL:
* These settings will apply to all NSW citizens, regardless of their vaccination status.
GATHERINGS IN HOMES AND OUTDOOR PUBLIC SPACES
* No limit on the number of visitors to a home.
* Density will shift to one person per two sq/m for indoor and outdoor settings.
* No limit on the number of people who can attend informal outdoor gatherings.
* COVID Safe plan required for outdoor events with more than 1,000 people.
* Community sport permitted for all.
PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED FREEDOMS TO KICK-IN AT 70 PER CENT:
* It's likely the 70 per cent double dose vaccination milestone will be reached next week, triggering new freedoms from Monday, October 11.
* These freedoms apply to the vaccinated, with some concessions for children.
* Shops can open under one person per four sq/m rule.
* Unvaccinated people can only access critical retail shops, such as supermarkets, as they do now.
* Gyms and indoor recreation facilities can open under one person per four sq/m rule, with classes capped at 20.
* Sporting facilities including swimming pools can open.
STADIUMS, THEATRES, MAJOR OUTDOOR RECREATION FACILITIES
* Major outdoor recreation facilities - including stadiums, racecourses, theme parks and zoos - can open with one person per four sq/m, capped at 5000 people.
* Up to 500 people can attend ticketed and seated outdoor events.
* Indoor entertainment facilities - including cinemas, theatres, music halls, museums and galleries - can open with one person per four sq/m, or 75 per cent fixed seated capacity.
WEDDINGS, FUNERALS AND PLACES OF WORSHIP
* Churches and places of worship can open subject to the one person per four sq/m rule, with no singing.
* Caravan parks and camping grounds can open.
* Carpooling permitted.
* Non-vaccinated people aged under 16 will have access to all outdoor settings, but can only visit indoor venues with people from their household.
* Employers must continue to allow employees to work from home if the workers can do so.
* Masks remain mandatory for all indoor public venues - including public transport, front-of-house hospitality, retail and business premises and on planes - and at airports.
* Only hospitality staff will be required to wear a mask outdoors.
* Children aged under 12 won't need a mask indoors.
* Kindergarten and year one students return to classrooms on October 25.
* Year 12 students undertaking HSC exams can study on campus from October 25.
Source: NSW Government
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.